Automation stops if remote desktop closes

Post here if you need help using Actiona
Isabel

Automation stops if remote desktop closes

Post by Isabel »

Hi Everyone.
I'm trying to execute some tasks in a remote PC, so I connect to that PC using Remote Desktop. I launch the tasks in that PC, but if the remote connection closes, the task automatically stop working. Does anyone know if I have to configure something so the tasks continue executing in the remote PC, though the remote desktop connection ends? It shouldn't affect, but it does.
Thanks in advance.
eureka

Re: Automation stops if remote desktop closes

Post by eureka »

Depending on your interconnection connection design (it seems that it fails if continuous connection is broken) I would try a batch messaging service such as RabbitMQ. This batches asynchronous messages and should work even if if the remote connection is broken. It does require continuous access to the Internet of course, but even if that is temporarily down the messages are still batched in queue in RabbitMQ cloud server..

I remember playing with this Actiona/RabbitMQ automation idea some time ago by holding the python scripts in Actiona as resources.
Then use a Command object in Actiona to execute python scripts as variables.

You will need to open a free account with RabbitMQ. I do recommend that you try this route.

Another approach is to use Ansible.
Isabel

Re: Automation stops if remote desktop closes

Post by Isabel »

Thanks for your reply.
I'll investigate the options you offer.
Regards,
Isabel