Some thoughts/ideas

Don't hesitate to post if you have an improvement idea
Jmgr
Admin

Re: Some thoughts/ideas

Post by Jmgr »

Hi, sorry for the late answer, I was travelling for my job.

1. Why not. I could also add a checkbox to confirm any question like "should the file be overwritten".
2. Good idea, it could also show the label name.
3. I don't understand exactly what you want to do, but you can evaluate Code/Ecmascript/Javascript within code itself by using the eval() function.
4. That's probably because you need to set the Working directoy parameter to the directory where your script is.
5. I cannot reproduce this problem here. What is your operating system?
6. You can also use "Wait" in the "If false" parameter of the "Window condition" action. You will also have to set the "Condition" parameter to "Exists".
"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."
Jmgr
Admin

Post by Jmgr »

7. It depends. You could add some code in the Variable action and this could need this pause. But I see your point, I could add a simple checkbox that would activate or deactivate the global pause for each action.
8. You can also copy and paste the Write text action, so you don't have to re-enter this parameter each time.
9. I would be possible to summarize what variables have been used after the script execution, but not before the execution since in Javascript you can create new variables at runtime. That's the main drawback of scripting languages. (and why I prefer compiled ones)
10. Hm, so this would require storing the previous variables and restoring them on a later execution. Seems possible, but I should be optional since you can store huge amounts of data in a variable, so if you keep it the memory cannot be released.
zer11

Post by zer11 »

Hello,
for 5. I am using Windows 7.
I am not that much into programing, I know some basics but thats all.
These were just some thoughts or ideas which you might want to implement or change whether its possible or not.
Apparently some ideas I've said are already included and I did not find them.
For 3.
I was trying to fix the problem I had with the eval() function for about an hour because I didn't know about this command :/.

Anyway thanks for your help,
greetings
zizi

Post by zizi »

HI
in MessageBox -> type ,Please add 'NoWait'.
it's very usefull for show content of a variable when Necessary check value. :D
Jmgr
Admin

Post by Jmgr »

You could have created a new topic instead of adding a message to this one, since it is a new idea and not a continuation to the previous ones.

Anyway, I don't understand what you are asking. You mean two buttons No and Wait ? But wait for what ?