Find Image

Post here if you need help using Actiona
Spatchman

Find Image

Post by Spatchman »

Hello and thankyou for creating this excellent piece of software.

I am having one issue, the find image tool>Image to find>capture screen part (in the screenshot wizard) worked the first time I used it (as in I could draw a box around the image I wanted to look for) but it has now stopped working. If I click on the mouse frantically it will eventually find a pixel but not let me draw a bounding box.

I am on ubuntu 18.04, I first used the version of actiona from the repo's but have now compiled the latest version and they both do the same thing.

Any advice is welcome, thankyou.
eureka

Re: Find Image

Post by eureka »

I have Actiona 3.9.4 compiled and running on Ubuntu 16.04. I have not yet upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04.
When I hunt for a target area I first create an image file using an add-on such as qSnap in my browser (but this works only for browser images).

But for targetting desktop applications my best results are using mouse coordinates, ensuring that the target app window is first maximized so that the target coordinates are consistent, session to session.

To locate target x:y coordinates (perhaps a button or form field or menu item) I first run the following script in command terminal ..

Code: Select all

while true; do clear; xdotool getmouselocation; sleep 0.1; done
and in terminal watch the coordinates as I hover over each target area.

I then use this x:y information to create a variable for each target zone.
Then use the action Move Cursor and you can then emulate Key hitting enter key to select the zone.

This approach makes the script less dependent on locating images.
Spatchman

Re: Find Image

Post by Spatchman »

Thanks, I'll have another go.