Mouse Click Issue

Post here if you need help using Actiona
JB0591

Mouse Click Issue

Post by JB0591 » 13 Mar 2019, 13:50

Hi

I am finding if after the first mouse click event on a toolbar works all remaining ones dont. If i step through my script and execute the 2nd mouse click twice (using Execute Selection) then it works. I cant loop the mouse click as ActionA crashes and a delay between two mouse clicks doesnt work. Any ideas?

eureka

Re: Mouse Click Issue

Post by eureka » 14 Mar 2019, 11:57

Windows/Linux/Mac?

Difficult to guess the root cause. How do you target the object in toolbar?
If you are in Ubuntu you could try xdotool run as command instead of Actiona key
just to troubleshoot.

JB0591

Post by JB0591 » 16 Mar 2019, 18:50

Soz, first post on here. It was windows 7. each action has the X/Y of the toolbar position to click.

JB0591

Post by JB0591 » 19 Mar 2019, 20:59

I think the issue is associated with which window has focus when running the ActionA developer and my application at same time. If i save my script to an EXE file and run it then I get the button clicks working. This is a pain as it takes time to develop a script. Any ideas? I have added a Window action and set the application to the foreground but it doesnt help.

eureka

Post by eureka » 19 Mar 2019, 22:55

As I understand, you have Actiona GUI and your target application window both open at the same time and there is a conflict.

If you wish to keep your Actiona GUI open and at hand for development, one thought is to build an extra Actiona command in your script which finds Actiona window and minimises the Actiona window and then proceeds to target the application toolbar, unfettered by other windows.

I tend to use actexec to run the *.ascr script under development.

JB0591

Post by JB0591 » 19 Mar 2019, 23:19

Hi. Thanks. Minimizing ActionA is only part of the problem, the debug controls which are display top left when you run the script doesnt minimize and cant be moved (unless I am missing something).

eureka

Post by eureka » 20 Mar 2019, 10:45

Several points here.

Where you have a stack of windows ... instead of relying on x,y coordinates you can select the target window/toolbar to bring into focus (to apply actions) by using a Window command. There you can use the title of the window, or its ID. If using title you can use * as wildcard.

You can remove the debug consoles by going to Tools > Settings > Actions. Untick execution window and console window.

In Ubuntu which I use i can also place Actiona in a separate virtual workspace and target windows in a different virtual workspace. I'm sure that Windows has a similar feature for creating virtual workspaces. But really this separation should not be necessary if you target the window title or ID.