Run Actiona scripts in turn?

Post here if you need help using Actiona
raysa

Run Actiona scripts in turn?

Post by raysa »

I have two Actiona scripts which work well individually. They automate multiple keyboard actions to process files in two separate stages. Rather than call one manually, then call the other, is it possible to put them in an overall script (maybe bash or python?) to run automatically one after the other?
eureka

Re: Run Actiona scripts in turn?

Post by eureka »

I have recently decided to re-visit Actionaz 3.8 (in Ubuntu) to manage many cloud automation scripts .. as python plugin packages.
I am exploring using Actionaz with python yapsy plugins framework. On first testing this integration works quite well.

However, thinking through how I would approach your simpler requirement, I would create a parent main.ascr
containing just two actions .. as commands executing your two tested scripts to be run in sequence

script01.ascr
script02.ascr

The scripts would be invoked via command line.
You might have to be careful about scope of any variables used in each script to avoid conflicts.

This is just one idea from a developer, not the author of Actionaz.
raysa

Post by raysa »

Thank you for this suggestion, but it occurred to me that these two stages need not be separate processes, so I have combined to two scripts together. I removed the opening lines of the second one which were duplicates of the opening lines of the first one, and they are now working successfully as one script. Thanks again.
eureka

Post by eureka »

I also see File > Import > Script content which would also merge scripts.